Recently, I hosted the second session of Blank Rome’s new on-demand webinar series, “Strategically Speaking,” with featured guests Gilbert Dussek of Gunnison Consulting Group and Kevin Robbins of Blue Delta Capital Partners about the key issues that growing government contracts firms face in their business life cycle as they transform from small to “other-than-small” businesses. You are invited to watch the recording on demand here; I hope you find it helpful and informative.
Dussek has been a successful high-level operator on both large and small govcon platforms and in 2019 became CEO of Gunnison, a leader in software development, data analytics, and enterprise system testing for leading government customers. Robbins has served multiple roles as a consultant to and an owner/investor in govcon companies and is a co-founder of Blue Delta, a growth capital firm focused on the U.S. federal government services marketplace, particularly technology-enabled solutions and services companies.
Our session includes an informative and helpful discussion focused on:
- Reviewing Blue Delta’s and Gunnison’s decision to team up:
- Factors that went into Blue Delta’s decision to invest in Gunnison; and
- The driving and differentiating attributes that Blue Delta looks for in “investable” target companies
- Strategically growing from an SBSA to full & open govcon company:
- Building, scouting, and acquiring talent; and
- Competitively bidding on and winning, or acquiring, F&O contracts
- Identifying and filtering acquisition targets and structuring acquisitions:
- The roles of company culture, chemistry (of personnel), and vision; and
- Sourcing and valuing target companies
- Describing Gunnison-Blue Delta’s corporate growth strategy:
- How Blue Delta thinks about portfolio company construction; and
- Gunnison’s near-term and long-term visions and plans
*Dean Nordlinger is a partner in our Corporate practice whose new “Strategically Speaking” webinar series includes discussions with a variety of seasoned professionals and subject matter experts about critical and challenging issues that government contractors and other companies (and business owners) face throughout their life cycle.