With the recent adoption of the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), the state’s consumers will have new rights to understand what data a company collects about them, how that data is used, and with whom they share it. In short, the new law will have a national impact on any company doing business in the state.
Led by attorneys from Blank Rome’s Privacy, Security & Data Protection and White Collar Defense & Investigation Groups, this complimentary webinar will provide in-depth analysis of the VCDPA and timely insights on how businesses should prepare to comply with its provisions, including discussion of:
- Scope of the VCDPA;
- The VCDPA compared to the California Consumer Privacy Act and other privacy regimes;
- New data rights of consumers;
- Information security requirements; and
- Issues related to enforcement.
- Sharon R. Klein, Partner and Chair, Privacy, Security & Data Protection, Orange County, CA
- Alex C. Nisenbaum, Partner, Privacy, Security & Data Protection, Orange County, CA
- Jennifer A. Short, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations, Washington, D.C.
This course is anticipated to qualify for the following CLE credits: VA 1.0 general credit
QUESTIONS? Please contact Courtney Litman via e-mail.
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
10:00‒11:00 a.m. PDT / 1:00‒2:00 p.m. EDT